Monday, April 21, 2008

Everyone is "unique"!

So our lessons have all been about how each of us is different and an individual. I was trying to explain this to the kids one morning when Mark interrupted to set me straight that we're "not different- unique". He said this so matter of fact that I about died laughing. These kids truly amaze me sometimes how bright and full of personality they all are. We made handprints, measured our height and weight, and made pictures of the foods we like. As part of the lesson I asked them all who their best friend is. I wasn't sure they'd understand the concept since I hadn't really explained it at all but they all impressed me with their answers. Mark said his best friend is his brother Christopher (which makes me so happy now hoping Ethan and Isaac can be good little buddies), Elise said her best friend is Damon, Ethan said his was Summer, and Ches said his was Elise. It was also fun to see their own unique personalities when we went to the park. Ches wanted to play baseball. Ethan spent his time kicking the soccer ball and then playing baseball with Ches (he could never decide which was more fun and kept going back and forth). Mark spent his time digging in the dirt looking for bugs (he found a very large slug but was very upset not to find a decent worm). And Elise spent her time watching the boys and eating her snack. I love how they're all so happy and uniquely themselves. I hope they always stay that way!

1 comment:

Tiana said...

So much fun. I still need to post about introducing this unit. These kids really are all unique. I just asked Ches again who is best friend is and he said. Then later he told me Annika. Due to the fact that whenever he plays pretend, his toys all have the names Ethan, Mark, Elise, and teacher, I think it is safe to say that all his school buddies are his best friends!