Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Magic of Discovering



So I must confess that I think I'm enjoying Joyschool more than the kids are- and not just the one-on-one time with Isaac! I loved these 2 lessons. We spent the first day "discovering" new things. We figured out riddles together, finger painted (thank heavens for the big art shirts) and went on a "treasure" hunt, but I think everyone's favorite was the magic tricks. I'm definitely no David Copperfield, but the kids thought I was. Mark spent the whole time watching very intently and trying to figure out the secret. Ches was so cute- he would say "Abakadaba" every time I waved my wand. Elise was the perfect little audience and even ooed a few times which boosted my ego a little I must admit. Ethan missed the tricks while he was at the ear doctor but it warmed my heart to see his excited little face when he walked in and found all his friends there waiting for him. I can't thank you moms enough for doing Joyschool. It has been the most wonderful blessing for our entire family!

2 comments:

Tiana said...

I love hearing from the teachers about what went on at joyschool the past week, since I only hear the half story from Ches. He still waves his pencil around saying "abkadabwa!"

I too am so glad we are doing joyschool. Ches loves it so much, and we love hearing what he has to tell us about it. We can really see the influence of it as well.

Linsey said...

Oh this looks like so much fun. I wish we were there so Caleb could play too. I can't believe how big everyone is getting!