Tuesday, October 7, 2008

More Joy of the Body


These lessons on the body and earth were great! During the playdough session, Ches created a kind of zoo. I thought that was really creative! The others liked it so much they mimicked his creation in their own way.

We had a fun "work out" session to talk about how we can take care of our bodies. I slipped in Aaron's "Earth, Wind, and Fire" ('70's music) and we stretched, did some jumping jacks, windmills, arm circles and a lot of marching in a circle through the kitchen and living room.


Then we got to measure and weigh all the kids! Everyone was just the right size and weight for themselves, (nevermind the fact that I couldn't find my tape measure and so I just drew a line on the wall). It was still fun!


According to my scale, Mark weighed 36.6, Ethan weighed 32.4, Ches weighed 35.6, Elise weighed 29.4 and Elijah weighed 23.2. However, I'm sure your pediatrician measurements are much more accurate!

We strung cheerios to make necklaces for our craft to demonstrate some things our bodies can do as well as an example of something good that we can eat to make our bodies healthy and strong.

Ches enjoyed eating the Cheerios by the handful. I would compliment all the children on their progress, and told Ethan he was super fast.


Mark concentrated intensely and got pretty far. After I told him that he did a good job and that he was fast, Ethan piped up "I'm super fast too, see!"

My favorite time with the kids was sharing time - it was hilarious! (3 of these pictures were borrowed from the internet.) When Mark came I only saw the one car he was holding in his hand, but during his turn to share, he seriously pulled out 4 more from his pockets, "For Ethan and Ches." It was like Mary Poppins' magic bag! That was so thoughtful of him!


Ethan brought a little teddy bear (Sorry not a picture of the real one!) And said he got it because he "watched Brother Bear on my I-Pod!" That was really cute and I can't help but be amazed at all the technology our kids are accustomed to!



Ches brought Skippyjon Jones. We had to read it together - the kids loved it! Pathetically for me, Ches had to help me out with some of the pronouciations - it was funny! I stink at reading in an accent!


Elise shared a princess blanket that her Gramma Lynette sewed for her. She was all smiles, holding it close.

No comments: