Sunday, November 23, 2008
Sharing and Service
The kids are so wonderful and naturally inclined to help each other, that sharing and service seems simple to teach. Here is an example of Ethan serving Elise. She was having a little bit of trouble with a puzzle and started to ask for my help, but Ethan ran over and said "I'll help!". As you can see, he was really focused on doing a good job. It was very sweet and fit right in with our theme.
The kids all got to draw a picture for someone else. At first I thought that sounded a little silly when I first read the lesson, but the kids loved it! They really had a lot of joy giving the picture to the person they made it for and from receiving the picture from the person who made it for them. I wish I could have captured that, but this will have to suffice. They are showing the picture that was made for them. Ches was very thorough and decisive on what his picture would look like. Mark was mostly excited by the service chart and couldn't wait to get started. Elise is always a good helper, especially in making sure the boys are following the rules! We made cookies for the doorman of the apartment building and the kids were happy to give them to him, but they also asked the moment the cookies were handed over, "Can we go back and play now?" Well, we can't expect perfection, they are only 3!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment