Tuesday, November 18, 2008

We can make others happy!

This week's lessons were mostly centered on relationships and communicating. We read lots of books on sharing and caring and how our actions can make others happy or sad. It is truly amazing to see these kids growing up before my eyes. They really are internalizing these messages and are such sweet little individuals. I love "Joy"school because it really is teaching them to be joyful in their lives.
Joy boy came to visit on the first day about 10 minutes before noon. Usually by this time the kids are bouncing off the walls and need some individual book time or a little free play time. As soon as I pulled out Joy boy, they all sat up and were so excited and yet calm. They listened to what he had to say and it was amazing to see the love on their faces. They sang with him and then all insisted on hugging him before I put him away. On Tuesday they had the chance to be the puppets themselves. Ches was the only one to understand he needed to hide under the bench but they all really enjoyed it. (Isaac did too as he blocked more than half of my pictures of the group)
They really are all great kids and I'm so glad that they are wonderful friends to not only each other, but to the younger babies in each home.

No comments: