We started our unit and talked about talking! We talked about how dogs show their feelings (barking, wagging, etc.), and how people tell their feelings ("I'm happy, I'm sad," etc.). When I asked why dogs don't TELL us how they feel, Ethan kept shouting out random answers until Mark rolled his eyes and said, "Because animals can't talk!!" It just made me laugh, because he was trying to give the other kids a chance to answer right, but in the end he just couldn't hold it in
We talked about how it is nice to have friends to talk to, and I asked them all who their friends were. It was very sweet because all of them mentioned their family. Then when I asked who their friends were besides their family, they all mentioned eachother's names. It took a little more prodding for them to remember they had even MORE friends. Then we made paper talking friends. I told them to tell me which one was them, and who was they other friend so could write their name. I thought it was very sweet that Ethan was the first to shout out that his friend was his mommy. Then he kept switching back and forth between mommy and Isaac. I don't remember who said it first, but Elise and Mark both picked eachother. They were pretty excited about that. Ches cycled through all of the JS friends but then picked Annika.
I must note, that before free play time I reminded them that we can talk to eachother a lot to work things out and be friends, just like the song "talk talk talk". This was probably the most peaceful free play time we have ever had. They were so good about talking to eachother and working things out. It was great.
Oh, and they loved playing musical spots. Definitely have to do that again.
No comments:
Post a Comment