Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I think I can...

These lessons were on Trust & Confidence and learning to understand that everyone is good at many things, but that we are not all good at the same things and that's okay! We learned to say, "I think I can," like the Little Engine that could instead of "I can't."

I got to praise each child's gifts "lavishly" and it was so fun & easy to think of many things our kids are good at! After we sang our welcome song we had each child come to the front and hold a picture I got off our computer and blogs and then we took time to compliment them.


Mark is good at catching BUGS and giving big HUGS. He's very loving and affectionate. He mediates arguments by having "conversations" with those that are fighting. He's good at sports like soccer and is a good brother to Christopher and Anna. He's also learning how to read and is awesome a cutting shapes out!

Ethan is good at SMILING brightly and at being a KIND and forgiving friend. He is is good at so many SPORTS, including mini-golf. He is great older brother to Issac. He says really grown up phrases. When I read "The Little Engine that Could" I'd ask, "What do you think is going to happen?" and he'd always reply, "Let's check it out!"





Ches has a good IMAGINATION, and is good at making "merry-go-rounds" out of play dough and toys (I asked him what this picture was about and that's what he said.) He has an amazing MEMORY and is good at memorizing long scripts and saying big words like, "thicket." I forgot to write that he is really good at moving his EYEBROWS!


Elise is good at PAINTING, drawing, and SINGING. She is a good helper and loving older sister to Elijah. She is really good at writing her own name and is getting better with other letters.

Elijah is good at smiling and giving great HUGS, and he's great at mimicking. He tries to say new words and phrases all the time.



Everyone did such a good job on our train art activity! They did it all by themselves - I just gave them the pieces in order and they figured it out.
Love those big, cheesy smiles! Here the kids are trying to cut out their shapes...

1 comment:

Ashley Chong said...

Whoa I think ELise looks like a mini Grandma Yonashiro in the picture with her red skirt and white shirt! haha She's so cute!