Tuesday, March 31, 2009

All sorts of fun with green and kites!

I have to admit I loved these lessons! I think the kids were especially excited to be together since this winter has been so long and they've been inside so much. They really have a great time together.
We were supposed to read Green Eggs and Ham and since it was St. Patrick's Day, it worked out just perfectly. The kids thought the book was hilarious and at least the boys enjoyed the food. Elise was a little put off by the color I think (she's smarter and realizes green usually means you should NOT eat that food). Ethan loved the green milk so much that he asked for it at every meal for the next week. They were all so cute in their green shirts and Elise's little Scottish green dress.
The highlight of our other day was making and flying paper kites. The kids were so excited and walked so slowly and carefully down to the field that I had to keep turning around to make sure it was our kids (they usually have a hard time not running to get there). They loved running and "flying" their kites in the wind and we finished our time with a good game of duck-duck-goose.

No comments: